Looking your best on the big day of your wedding is something every bride or groom desires, and when it comes to looking amazing, you can start with prepping your skin for wedding day makeup. Whether planning to do a DIY look yourself or hiring a professional artist, having healthy skin ready for foundation and contouring products makes all the difference. The good news? With just some simple steps added into your existing skincare routine each week leading up to the special date, you can have confidence knowing you’re prepared with gorgeous makeup that will last through any wedding reception dance session!
The perfect canvas: how to prepare your skin for wedding day makeup
Your wedding day should be a time of joy and beauty, so your makeup must look its best. To achieve this, it’s important to start by preparing the perfect canvas: your skin! Here are some tips for prepping your skin for wedding day makeup:
- Cleanse – Start by cleansing your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser to remove dirt and oil. Be sure to use lukewarm water and avoid any harsh scrubbing motions as these can irritate the skin.
- Exfoliate – Once or twice a week exfoliate your skin using an enzyme-based scrub or an AHA/BHA product. This will help to remove dead skin cells and give your skin a gentle but thorough cleanse.
- Hydrate – Use an SPF moisturizer and other hydrating products throughout the day, as this will help keep your skin in its best condition for makeup application.
- Treat – If you’re dealing with any breakouts or problem areas, it’s important to treat them before applying any makeup. Try using a spot treatment product or a mask specifically designed to tackle whatever issue your skin is facing.
A bride’s guide to preparing for wedding makeup trials
1. Before the Trial:
- Research makeup artists that specialize in wedding makeup and request trial appointments.
- Gather inspirational photos of beauty looks you like and bring them to the appointment.
- Begin a skincare routine several months in advance to ensure your skin is glowing for the big day.
- Ask your artist questions about products, techniques, and timing for the perfect final look.
2. At the Appointment:
- Follow up on answers to any questions you had before the trial session.
- Have an open mind! Be willing to try new styles or colors that your artist may suggest.
- Take pictures during each stage of your trial so you can review which look you liked best after the session.
- Ask your artist if they can provide a list of products used so that you can recreate the same look yourself.
3. After the Trial:
- Review photos taken during the trial and make notes on what you liked or didn’t like about each look.
- Make any adjustments to your beauty look before finalizing it with your makeup artist.
- Reach out to your makeup artist for wedding day touch-up services if needed.
- Gather all beauty-related supplies, such as bobby pins, tweezers, clear nail polish, etc., that will help keep you looking fresh throughout the big day!